I typically use olive oil, but since coconut oil stands up better to heat and has a healthier fatty acid profile I would recommend giving coconut oil a whirl!
See the (very simple) recipe for kale chips below:
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 8 loosely packed cups kale, torn into 1" to 1½" pieces, tough stems removed
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted and still warm
- 1/4 tsp salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Rinse kale and dry thoroughly. Place in a plastic container or large bowl.
3. Poor warm oil over kale, close container lid, and shake to coat (alternatively, stir to coat in a bowl).
4. Spread out onto a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt (careful, it doesn't take much).
5. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crispy.