Ingredients for stuffing :
Roasted tomatoes in olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork
Coconut oil (for sauteing)
Salt and Pepper to taste
*I apologize that there are no amounts here, I usually eyeball it!
1. Brown Pork and Beef in skillet and set to side (you may use all pork or all beef - this is just what I had)
2. Chop veggies in about 1/2 inch cubes: eggplant, red onion, roasted tomatoes
3. Finely chop fresh garlic and basil
4. Saute all veggies and spices in coconut oil about 5 minutes, add meat, mix well
5. Cut tops off of bell peppers and discard all seeds, place on baking sheet to be stuffed
5. Stuff Red bell peppers with meat mixture and put in the oven @ 375 for about 20-25 minutes until peppers reach desired softness
Breakfast: Since I can't get enough of the Italian-seasoned mixture that was used to stuff the peppers I decided to incorporate it into breakfast. This consisted of Italian blend of beef, pork and vegetables with spinach sauteed in coconut oil, roasted red peppers and two "folded" eggs.